Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Get over yourselves America, Brett Favre is not coming back


It seems like ever since Favre has retired, there have been rumors about him making a comeback to the NFL. This new report out has to take the cake.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen is reporting that Favre has an "itch" to return to the Packers. Favre would expect to be back for training camp.

First of all, if he has an itch, he should check and make sure that it's not a rash. Secondly, Favre is not coming back.

I understand the whole, 'I have an itch and I need to scratch it' policy. I just can't see Favre making a comeback though. Favre's agent has said that he isn't aware of any talks of a comeback. The following is a quote from the Mortensen story:

"As far as I know, right now, Brett Favre is retired and until he tells me something different, that's what it is," James "Bus" Cook, Favre's agent, said.
I think it's time we let go of this and just admit that Favre has retired. The man has decided to move on from football. He chose to leave football while he was still in a good shape. Football didn't leave Favre behind. The Packers didn't cut him to clear cap room; they kept Favre.

In my mind, the 2007 was one of Favre's best seasons as an NFL quarterback. It was the ride of his life and he enjoyed every minute of it. Favre's final play was an interception in the NFC Title Game, but you can't look at it like that. You have to look at the positives, never the negatives.


No comments: