Friday, January 30, 2009

My Super Bowl Pick

I hope you enjoyed my time away from the blog. I figured I would come back and give my final thoughts on the big game.

Why did I take the break, you might be asking...? I feel like there are people out there who can analyze, and to an extent overanalyze, the game on Sunday better than I can. So why hear what I have to say?

Is Kurt Warner a hall of famer? No, he is not a hall of famer. I'm not saying he's a bad player, but to get into Canton is to be among a Parthenon of Gods. I don't think Warner is at that level. It doesn't seem like that long ago, he fell off the face of the earth. He was replaced by a back-up in St. Louis and held down the fort until Eli Manning took the position in New York. Soon enough, the Cardinals will have to choose between Warner and former first round pick, Matt Leinart. I can't imagine Warner has much left in the gas tank.

I think Ben Roethlisberger is a good quarterback. He's not quite a hall of famer, though. Don't you try to play this bias on me. He's a tough guy, even if he is an awkward of a runner and gets hit too much.

This won't be a high scoring game. Don't fool yourself into thinking that is the case.

My pick: Steelers 17 - Cardinals 13

Enjoy the Super Bowl!

No comments: