Monday, June 23, 2008

The Mondays: Death of a Legend

Once in a while, I like to make a turn off of the highway of football and discuss something else. On Sunday evening, the world lost a legendary comedian. George Carlin died at the age of 71.

The man is a legend. Now granted, I'm 20 years old, but I've seen some of his stand-up specials and listened to some of his albums. I also remember when he was on Shining Time Station, when he replaced Ringo Starr to be Mr. Conductor. This of course happened when I was a youngin. Who could forget his fantastic role as Cardinal Glick in the Kevin Smith classic, Dogma. If you're thinking Buddy Christ, I'm way ahead of you.





To give tribute to this legend, here are some videos for you to enjoy. Please note, some of these videos are in fact Not Safe For Work, due to the language.








No comments: