Friday, September 5, 2008

NFL Preview Show Extravaganza Double Feature: Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Green Bay Packers

Today is our last day of the month and a half long look at the preview of all 32 teams. This is saddening because I've had so much fun with these previews. I did what I could and did it gosh darn it! Hey, it was a fun ride and I hope you enjoyed these previews. They've certainly kept me busy since mid-July. Don't worry, I have every intention of keeping the previews going next year. So don't shed a tear, I have this day for you guys. Today enjoy this combo. Sorry if it seems mashed together.

What do the Bucs and Packers have in common? If you said they don't have Brett Favre then you're right on the money. However, that's not what I'm talking about. Both teams won their respective divisions last season and both teams lost to the New York Giants in the playoffs.

Only the Packers have a better team all around. The Bucs are a team that played well in 2007, but decided to slow up for the playoffs once the division was clinched. This ultimately led to the Bucs being trounced at home to the Giants on Wild Card weekend.

The Packers took a 13-3 record in the regular season all the way to the NFC title game. In sub zero temperatures, the Packers stood toe-to-toe with the Giants. Ultimately, the Giants had their way and the Packers lost the game.

Believe it or not, the Packers and the Bucs will face each other this season, which is probably why Brett Favre isn't in Tampa. The Packers play Indy, Dallas and New Orleans. The Bucs play KC, Dallas and San Diego.

Once more for these previews in 2008, it's time for those burnin' questions (yearbook style):
  • Better season: Rodgers or Garcia: Rodgers

  • Passing yards for each: Rodgers- 2900 and Garcia 2800

  • Better rusher, Grant or Graham: Ryan Grant- 1013 yards

  • Better receiver: I have no clue

  • Better defense: Packers only because they are younger

  • Who lasts longer, McCarthy or Gruden: McCarthy

  • Coolest names on both teams (Top 4): Jovan Haye (TB), Jeremy Trueblood (TB), Atari Bigby (GB) and Mason Crosby (GB)

  • 80s song to best describe both teams: (I've Had) The Time of My Life- Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes (AND I OWE IT ALL TO YOUUUU!!!!)

  • For the last time this year, both teams will: Miss the playoffs
That's all I have. I will have a recap of the first week's action on Monday, so I'll see you then.

No comments: