Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Can't We All Just Get Along? With Barry?

We all know it is inevitable that Barry Bonds will break the coveted Hank Aaron Home Run record. We also know that the country has split, in terms of views on seeing Bonds break the record.

According to a poll conducted by the AP, 55% of minorities want to see Bonds break the record, while 34% of white non-hispanics want to see the record broken.

So what does this say when a nation of sports fans are split when it comes to seeing one of the greats of baseball shatter its most coveted record? I'll let you answer that question.

The truth is we don't know, we think we know Bonds, but we don't. The evidence is clear, the leaked BALCO Testimony, 'Game of Shadows', Bonds' big head, it all looks obvious. But he'll never tell. I doubt he ever will.

One thing can be said about Bonds, whether you like him or not, whether you think he knowingly took steroids or not, he's still one of those rare players that comes around once every generation.

Do I think he's juiced, yes I do, just like I think Mark McGwire took steroids, Sammy Sosa, Jason Giambi and even Rafael Palmeiro.

Even though I think he's more beefed up than a cooked 'Ballpark Frank', I'll still watch when he hits 756, just like when I watched the great chase in 1998, or when 71 was shattered.

The question is, will you?

No comments: